Honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) or Kothalahimbatu is an endemic plant of Sri Lanka (Ceylon). The medicinal properties of Honeysuckle have been specially researched all over the world and it is universally accepted that honeysuckle is the most fragrant medicine to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels in the body along with various other benefits. Honeysuckle produces trumpet-shaped flowers arranged in pairs. They have a strong, sweet aroma that is especially prominent during the night. Honeysuckle Tea is useful in colds, bronchitis and shortness of breath. Leaves, shells or dried flowers are boiled and its water is drunk, it cuts the cough, stomach ailments and it is good for kidney swelling.
- Reduced Diabetes.
- Wards off bacteria and virus related colds and flu.
- Shortness of breath and bronchitis.
- Reduces absorption of Cholesterol.
- Anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties.
- Strengthens the immune system
- A Diuretic that reduces kidney inflammation.
- Cleans the body from Toxins.
- Strengthens Memory.