Have you ever woken up and thought- what am I doing here on this beautiful planet, in a state of uncertainty, fear and anxiety. If the truth be known our lives as humans are out of control. Whatever happened to the simple life I dreamt of living in the great outdoors in a small house on a farm with 2 goats a cow and 6 chickens.
Modern urban living has dealt us with stress, anxiety leading to depression and disappointment. I do not wish to sound negative however with the impact of COVID-19 around the globe, political unrest in certain parts of the world, climate control and food scarcity issues and heath and family issues worry me- life can be full of stress and uncertainty.
There comes a time in the day when you want to switch off your mobile, dim the lights, light a few candles, play your favorite music and slip comfortably into a hot tub and forget about the world and concentrate on pamper ME. Pure Bliss! Here are a few herbal recipes for you to relax, unwind, rejuvenate your body and mind and enjoy the wonderful life God has given you.
Herbal Recipes to rejuvenate your mind and body.
Stress Relief Bath
- 2 cups natural salt (sea salt, Epsom salt, Himalayan salt, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- 30 drops Lavender (Lavandula spp.) essential oil
- 30 drops Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) essential oil
- 30 drops Geranium (Pelargonium gravolens) essential oil
- 10 drops Chamomile (Matricaria chamomile) essential oil
Mix ingredients well and store in an airtight glass jar. Set up your mood and Add to your hot tub.
Nervine Tonic Tincture
- 3 oz Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (Siberian Ginseng)
- 2 oz Skullcap (Scutellaria spp.)
- 2 oz Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
- 1 oz Oat seed (Avena spp.), fresh milky seed tincture
- ½ oz Vegetable Glycerin
This formula can be used as daily support for stress, energy, and mental acuity. Dosage: 60-90 drops.
Tinctures are concentrated herbal extracts made by soaking the bark, berries, leaves (dried or fresh), or roots from one or more plants in alcohol or vinegar. The alcohol or vinegar pulls out the active ingredients in the plant parts, concentrating them as a liquid.
Herbal Calm Tincture
- 2.5 oz Valerian (Valeriana spp.)
- 2 oz Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
- 1.5 oz Skullcap (Scutellaria spp.)
- 1 oz California poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
- 1 oz Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis)
- 1 oz Betony (Pedicularis spp.)
- 1 oz Vegetable glycerin
For tired muscles after a hard day at work or simply for insomnia. You will fall asleep within 15 to 20 minutes. Dosage: 60-90 drops in the evening.
- 1 part of each of the following: (by weight)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomile)
- Catnip (Nepeta cataria)
- Spearmint (Mentha spicata)
- Lavender (Lavandula spp.)
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis)
A calming and soothing tea, this blend can be used at any time of the day. It makes a nice after-dinner tea and will also aid in digestion. Dosage: Use quarter ounce of herbs by weight per cup of boiling water. Steep for half an hour to two hours and strain. Enjoy 1-3 cups a day!
Adrene Support Tincture
- 2.5 oz Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
- 1.5 oz Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
- 1.5 oz Licorice (Glycyrrhiza spp.)
- 1 oz Rosemary herb (Salvia rosmarinus)
- 1.5 oz Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) whole plant
- .5 oz Prickly Ash (Zanthoxylum spp.)
- 1 oz Vegetable glycerin
for periods of overwork, or long periods of stress. Dosage: 60-90 drops.
Heart Opening Formula
- 1 ounce Rose petal tincture (Rosa spp.)
- 1 drop Rose quartz gem essence
- 1 drop Rose flower essence
- 1 drop Rose essential oil (Rosa spp.)
This blend combines the traditional tincture of rose petals with vibrational medicines and essential oil. I love the energetic layers we can create in a formula by using a single plant in many ways.
shake well and take a single drop to open the heart and welcome love and compassion for all (including yourself).
Follow Your Dreams Formula
- 1 part Gotu kola (Centella asiatica)
- 1 part Rose petals (Rosa spp.)
- 1 part Motherwort herb (Leonurus cardiaca)
- ½ part Mugwort herb (Artemisia vulgaris)
- ½ part Rosemary herb (Salvia rosmarinus)
This formula can be made into a tea, capsule, or tincture. Use it when you dive into writing that article, meditating, before bed, or when working on your heart’s desire. Use 1 cup of tea, 2 capsules, or 60 drops of tincture.
Enjoy experimenting with soothing bath relaxants, teas and tinctures. If you lead a very busy life and do not have the time to source the required ingredients then simply order a box of relaxing herbal tea bags delivered to your door. Try the lemon grass and mint tea for relaxing and building your immune system or simply browse our collection of 100% organic herbal teas.